Feeds:

Archive for the ‘Community’ Category

Annual Winter Concert

Centennial Park’s annual winter choir performance added yet another smashing success to its long running track record. The December 11th perfomance included musical numbers that place and incredible emphasis on the beauty of the human voice. Check out this winter production December 12th for its second, and last showing.

Read Full Post »

Plural Life

missionary-lunch-21                After reading the article on plural marriage and the family experience that was expressed, I was reminded how blessed I am in being able to be a part of a large and wonderful family.  I would like to take the opportunity to express the fullness of my heart in this.

I came from a family of five children.  But it wasn’t until I was married and found myself in the midst of one of the largest families in the Work, that I felt like I had died and gone to heaven!  There are not words created that can articulate the blessings I have had during my life within this family.  All of our family get-togethers have been so full and wonderful. I don’t know how I ever survived before!

I have found myself called “Mother” by many.  Those from within our family and those that come from our community, I have hundreds of “family” members whom I love very much!!  This week I will have two Thanksgiving dinners. 

Try to picture 25-30 young men gathered into my home for one of the many lunches that our people willingly serve to these faithful young men.  These young men contribute to the projects and the needs of our community and so a number of us take our turns providing them with a well-earned meal.  For me this gathering happens once a month.  And fills my heart beyond any containment of emotion, so my turn to serve them has come up this week and I am planning a full Thanksgiving Dinner for them.  And then on Friday I will be doing another Thanksgiving Dinner just for my immediate family of 20-27 people, if they all come.  Some can and some can’t, but it is always a full day for us.

My life is very full now and has been for the 47 years since coming into this Work.  I do not want to be anywhere else and wouldn’t trade places with anyone outside this Work for any price.  Plural Marriage is a large part of my life.  The lord’s blessings to me are so many that it is absolutely impossible for me to count them all. ~A Plural Wife~

Read Full Post »

Trunk or Treat

107094068images52

The 2nd annual Trunk or Treat event, excited and Booed the crowds once again. Starting with Dinner at 6pm, the evening was a beautiful cool moonlit night. Plenty of scary options to eat; Ogre toes(Sausage on a stick), Halo-weenies(Hot dogs), Grave doggers(Chilly dogs) and Chilling Beings(Chili and corn bread). The princesses, fairies, goblins, witches, and many more entered the scene to give the night a colorful and creative display of fairy tale and make believe. Thank you parents for making  this event a Monstrous good time. ~Ruth

Read Full Post »

Read Full Post »

Community Fair

The community fair is coming up again quickly.The dates this year are September 26th & 27th.  There are exciting things happening this year!  We should all have a great time with the different booths, games, auction, and program. 

Alice and Amie doing a clogging dance for the talent show

Alice and Amie doing a clogging dance for the talent show

Read Full Post »

They believe in plural marriage. They live near the Utah/Arizona border. But they have nothing to do with Warren Jeffs and his FLDS Church.  Read on…

Read Full Post »

« Newer Posts